Monday, January 25, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries

We're poor, so we hardly get a chance to go to some of my favorite places to eat ( like, Rumbie Grill, or The Blue Lemon... and BOTH places have sweet potato fries.... yummm). I got this recipe from a friend... and you better believe I'm making them tonight!
Sweet Potato Fries

(serves 4)

2 large sweet potatoes, cut into a julienne, cut to the size you like

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1-3 Tbsp Creole Seasoning (recipe follows), or more to taste


Mix all ingredients in large bowl, toss until evenly coated. Place a metal cooling rack on top of a jelly roll pan. Place potatoes evenly over cooling rack. (This gives an even heat distribution so one side isn't soggy and the other is crispy). Bake a 400 degrees until almost all the way soft. (for my size, it was 20-25 min) Turn oven to Broil, remove the fries once they have gotten crispy slightly browned. Mmm.


Creole Seasoning

2 1/2 Tbsp paprika

2 Tbsp salt

2 Tbsp garlic powder

1 Tbsp black pepper

1 Tbsp onion powder

1 Tbsp cayenne pepper

1 Tbsp dried oregano

1 Tbsp dried thyme


3 comments:

  1. These look great. Can't wait to hear how they turnout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... so I would go SUPER easy on the spices... next time I make them, I might just add salt! :)

    ReplyDelete