Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black Bean Burritos

I was introduced to the mighty, versatile, black bean burrito about five years ago by my girlfriend, Niki. Jared and I eat variations of it literally every other day and probably will continue to until we die. 

Ingredients:
2-4 uncooked flour tortillas (cooked is fine too)
1 can black beans
1/2 cup cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or whatever your preference)
1 very ripe avocado
Slivered bell peppers (any kind, I like using green and red)
salt 

Warm up black beans. Cook peppers on stove in a little bit of olive oil. Heat up tortillas on the stove. Throw a bit of cheese on tortillas immediately after so it will melt. Throw on beans, salt them and then put on your fixings. We generally smother ours with avocado. In the summertime we cut up tomato as well. That is the beautiful thing about these burritos: almost any veggie that is in season is delicious on these burritos. To make the meal a little bit heavier, we will sometimes put chicken on it as well as Spanish rice. It is kind of an obvious recipe, but so delicious as well as healthy. I thank Niki for sharing it with me almost every time I see her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment