Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coleslaw Reinvented

 photo
This is my mother in-law's recipe that I had kind of forgotten about until last night. It is called coleslaw, but it is more of a Chinese chicken salad. Super healthy, easy and really tasty. Even Jared thinks so. 

I can hardly call it a recipe actually. You just cut up red and green cabbage into small slices, throw some slivered almonds into the oven on broil until golden brown, cook some cut up chicken breast (small cubes) in olive oil on the stove, and then throw it all together with some Sesame dressing. I found a vinaigrette Sesame dressing at the supermarket that is really tasty, but Kraft also has a Toasted Asian Sesame Dressing that is good as well. All of the proportions just depend on how much you want to make. I never measure it out, I just kind of throw in how much I've got. 

That's it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment