Monday, June 8, 2009

Melt-in-your-mouth Strawberry Muffins

So because Heather has already shared two awesome recipes, I started to feel like a slacker so I'm sharing a recipe I tried out over the weekend. Jared's dear mother and sister stayed with us over the weekend so I was excited to try out this healthy muffin recipe I found very unexpectedly on the foil of our organic, Stonyfield yogurt tupperware. 
I am not a huge muffin fan, but this recipe looked fruity and moist enough for my liking. Not to mention, I always buy a few more strawberries than I ever end up eating so I figured this would be a good way to make use of them. These muffins really did melt in my mouth, just for the record. 

Enough talk, here is the recipe: 

Ingredients: 
1 c all-purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c sugar
1-1/2 t baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup Stonyfield Farm yogurt (or any vanilla or plain yogurt, I'm sure)
1/4 c butter, melted
1 t vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries, fresh or frozen

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking soda. In another bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Toss strawberries into the flour mixture. Then pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture and stir. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Yields: 12 muffins

Nutrition facts: 
Calories 150
Calories from fat 45
Total fat 5g
Carbs 24g
Protein 4g
Fiber 2g

1 comment: