Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cool Whip Candy

My child has made this post difficult but I will try to see if I can eek it out before he turns the computer off beneath my feet. This recipe is a very easy and yummy mint truffle (or omit the mint if you don't like it). I have had this recipe for a long time and I love it. I made them again for a shower the other day...
  • 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
  • 3 Large Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars, around 12-13 oz.
  • 3/4 tsp mint extract
  • 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
Break up the chocolate bars into squares, put in a microwave safe dish and melt on half power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until you have a smooth and creamy bowl of melted chocolate, but don't overdo it.

Stir into cool whip in a larger bowl. Stir in mint extract to taste. Again, don't overdo it. :) Refrigerate of freezer shortly until the mixture is pretty firm and can be scooped into small balls. Drop about a tablespoonful at a time into graham crumbs and shape into balls. Place of waxed paper and chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment