Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunday Morning Casserole

I was just fed this casserole last weekend and I loved it so much I had to get the recipes.  I have had other breakfast casseroles before but this one tops them all.  I can't wait to make it myself.

SUNDAY MORNING CASSEROLE

2 OR 3 SLICES WHITE BREAD CUBED
1 LB SAUSAGE COOKED AND SLICED
6 EGGS BEATEN
2 CUPS MILK
1 TEA DRY MUSTARD
1/2 TEA SALT
1 1/2 CUPS COOKED SLICED RED POTATOES
1 1/2 CUPS SHREADED CHEDDAR AND JACK CHEESE

PLACE BREAD IN BUTTERED 8X11X2 CASSEROLE PAN. MIX THE EGGS, MILK, DRY MUSTARD, SALT.  LAYER SAUSAGE OVER THE BREAD, AND TOP WITH POTATOES. SPRINKLE THE CHEESE ON TOP, POUR EGG MIXTURE OVER THE CASSEROLE. COVER AND FRIG OVERNIGHT. IN THE MORNING BAKE THE CASSEROLE AT 350 FOR 30 MIN OR TILL SET. 
ENJOY. 

-courtesy Laura Dunn

2 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed that this isn't as unhealthy as Paula Deen. We need a Paula Deen influence on this blog and it needs to be you, Marcilyn. But this does look delicious so I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family has used this recipe or one like this for a couple of years. Now everyone in our family requests this dish at every family event or holiday!

    ReplyDelete