Thursday, May 5, 2011

Julie's Pesto Pasta Salad

One of the bonuses of having a baby is that even though I don't feel like cooking, many nice people cook have cooked for me! So over the last month I've collected quite a few new and absolutely delicious recipes from my closest friends. This recipe is from my friends Susan (who got the recipe from her sweet daughter Robyn). It is some of the tasiest pesto salad I've had. Ever.


Julie's Pesto Pasta Salad
 
1 package of bow tie pasta, cooked as directions on package
3 to 4 chicken breasts, cooked on the grill and cut into pieces
purple or sweet onion (carmelized--I added just about a half Tablespoon of brown sugar to carmelize)
craisins
pesto sauce (I used about 1/2 bottle of Pesto sauce from Costco, heated with a little half and half to make it creamier)
Feta cheese (you can also use fresh parmesan or some of both)
 
Toss together and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment