Monday, February 8, 2010

delicious pasta

(not actual image. I didn't take one.)
I'm not sure what this pasta is called... maybe zucchini pasta? I don't know... but it is DE-LICOUS! Seriously, people. You gotta try it. It's SO easy and SO good.
It's just a bow tie pasta with zucchini and tomatoes ( and add mushrooms I guess if you like those. :)
We ate it a few weeks ago at a friend's house and they gave us the recipe!
I made it tonight and it turned out awesome!

Here's the ingredients:

1 lb bow tie pasta
1/4 C. olive oil
6 garlic teeth
2 medium zucchinis cut into match sticks
tomatoes diced
1 C. Parmigiana cheese
1/2 C. basil or italian seasoning
1 TBS Chicken Boullion

First cook the olive oil and garlic. stir for 2 mins and put in the Zuchinis. Also add other ingredients if you want.. mushrooms and tomatoes. At the same time you are boiling the bowtie pasta.
Take 2 ladles of the cooking water from the pasta and put it in with the zuchinnis.
cook for about 5-7 mins.
Make sure everything is done. When the pasta is done, strain and add it into the zuchinnis mixture. Stir a little. add lots of pepper and salt.
also add the secret sauce: Its called Chicken Boullion. It comes in a yellow bottle with a green top and can be found in the latin aisle at walmart.
anyways make sure you adds lots of parmesan. Add a bit of Basil too if you wish!

Cheap. Easy. DELIGHTFUL.

1 comment:

  1. I've made this twice now and people are obsessed with it every time! This last time I did it I added fresh lemons and almonds.... so good!

    ReplyDelete