Friday, August 14, 2009

Double Whammie

First order of business: Gwyn did me right. Her chicken and potatoes recipe was a hit (see her video a few posts down). Loved by me, by Jared, and, most importantly, by our dinner guests. I didn't have fresh herbs, but it was still super flavorful. To compensate I put extra rosemary on top of the chicken. Amazing how much cutting the spine and thigh bones out quickened the cooking time. Can't wait to make this again soon.



Secondly: wanted to spice up our routine and do something a little bit different with our chicken. So I made these chicken nuggets from allrecipes.com. They were super good and besides the butter (which could be substituted for olive oil) they are pretty healthy. Two favorite things about this meal - one, I made bread crumbs from leftover dinner rolls from the night before and, two, you can calculate the recipe for any amount of servings on the allrecipes website: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Chicken-Nuggets/Detail.aspx I will definitely be using this one again.


INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 2/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter/margarine in a bowl or dish for dipping.
  3. Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter/margarine first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place well coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.

xoxo, elle

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try the chicken and potatoes. It sounds really yummy! If only we can get all the fancy veg that Gwyneth had huh. I think it will be red taters for me.

    ReplyDelete